Homemade Herbal Hair Oil Recipe To Stop Hair Fall
Since almost all of the hair care products available in the market have toxic chemical ingredients in it, I prefer to prepare the essential hair and skin care items myself and right at my home. At my previous article, I have shared the recipe of making a shampoo to prevent the hair fall. Today, I am going to share hair oil which is also helpful in preventing hair loss.
I have been able to prepare this oil with a lot of trials and errors. Usually, I make 500 ml every time I go for preparing this oil, so that it ends in a few days. It is better not to store herbal oils for a long time. Well, this time when preparing my new batch of oil, I have taken some photos, so that you can understand the whole process. Let’s first look at what ingredients I needed for preparing my anti-hair fall oil.
- Pure virgin coconut oil
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
(The Olive Oil which is used for taking care of our hair is easily found in the market but it is better not to use them as they contain mineral oil in it.)
- Organic Castor Oil
(I buy the Castor Oil from outside this country. This oil is beneficial to remove any sort of infections from the scalp and it also helps in making hair shiny and silky)
**[Check castor oil side effects on hair]
- Vitamin E Oil
(It is available in the local drugstore)
- Avocado oil
(I buy this oil from abroad, as it’s not available here.)
- Jojoba Oil
(Jojoba oil for hair helps in improved hair growth and prevents hair fall.)
- Almond oil
- Essential Rosemary Oil
- Fenugreek seed
(Grind the seeds to make a paste and then apply it to your hair. Fenugreek seeds are effective to reduce hair fall and removes the hair dandruff.)
- Curry leaves
(Curry leaves are easily available at the superstore. These leaves maintains the hair color and prevents hair from graying. It also has a significant role in preventing the hair from falling)
- Black Cumin
(Crash the Black Cumin and then apply it on your hair. Black Cumin is a wonderful ingredient to get rid of hair fall problems and along with it also helps to grow new hair.)
You will see the Vitamin E oil, olive oil, coconut oil, castor oil starting from the left hand side of the following photo
You will notice the Black Cumin and Fenugreek seeds just at the bottom of the above ingredients,
In the following photo you will notice, the castor oil, avocado oil, Jojoba oil, almond oil, and Rosemary Essential Oil from the left side and Curry leaves just below them.
Well, I have shown you the ingredients. Now let’s take a look at the procedure of preparing it-
- First put the fenugreek and black pepper in a metal container.
- Now add all the oil except Vitamin E oil, Rosemary Essential Oil, Jojoba Oil and almond oil.
- Pour the amount of oil depending on your use. I pour all the oil in equal quantity.
- Heat the oil mixture in a low heat. After 10-12 minutes add curry leaves to the mixture.
- Then keep heating the oil mixture in a low heat. Stop heating the oil as soon as it produces foam. If you keep on heating the oil for a long time it will burn the ingredients leaving you with noting to use for your hair.
- Take the container away from the heat and let it cool. Then mix equal amounts of Vitamin E Oil, Jojoba Oil and Almond Oil to the cold oil. Then mix Rosemary Essential Oil to it. Use only a fraction of the Rosemary oil and a very small quantity. Remember, that the quality of the oil will be bad if it’s hot and so take extra precaution to make it cool before hand.
- Now store the oil in a glass jar without straining it.
- This oil can be used for 6 months. But let this bottle of oil dry under sunlight after each month
- Avoid preparing a huge amount of the oil; rather opt for preparing that amount which you will need for maximum 5 to 6 months.
HOW TO USE THE OIL:
- Heat the amount of oil you will need for applying all over your hair.
- Massage the oil all over your hair and scalp for 5-10 minutes.
- After applying the oil, wrap a hot towel all over your head and wait for 5-10 minutes.
- Keep the oil on your hair for 5-6 hours or overnight. Wash hair well the next day. This oil is quite heavy because it contains a lot of castor oil and vitamin E oil. So, take time and be patient while washing your hair and use a good shampoo if needed.
- Apply oil on your head for at least twice a week.
I got good results as soon as I started applying the oil. Hopefully, by using the oil regularly, you will also be benefitted to get rid of dandruff and hair fall.